Be part of something really special and help out at your nearest Memory Walk!
Alzheimer Scotland relies on our army of committed and dedicated volunteers throughout all of our supports, services and events. As a Memory Walk volunteer, you will be giving back to your community and helping to raise vital funds and awareness so we can make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Why volunteer at events?
- Meet new people and either build your own confidence or help other people build theirs
- Become part of a team, both locally in your own volunteering role and as part of Team AlzScot
- Be able to utilise the existing skills you have and have the opportunity to develop new ones with our support
- This is also a great addition to your CV
What will I do on the day?
As part of the Alzheimer Scotland team roles include:
- Helping to set up the event area
- Marshalling the walk route, making sure everyone is safe and having a great time!
- Supervising activities and entertainment where needed
- Handing out goodies and refreshments, if provided
- Taking photographs to help capture the day’s festivities
- Thanking our fundraisers for all their hard work and support
You don’t have to have any previous experience but we are looking for helpful, enthusiastic people who work well in a team and are keen to make our events a great experience for all involved. We ask that all under 16s are accompanied by an adult. If you have any special requirements please contact your Walk Manager prior to the day to discuss a suitable role.