Midlothian Memory Walk
Dalkeith Country Park, Dalkeith, EH22 2NA
Walk Distances: 2km & 6km
If you’d like to fundraise, your donations will help Alzheimer Scotland to make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - free, under 12's - freeRegister
Join us for a gentle stroll around the beautiful Dalkeith Country Park.
Take the shorter 2km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful park which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longer 6km walk will take you further into the park. You'll take in the sights of the beautiful scenery around the River Esk. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
There will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Dalkeith Country Park, Dalkeith, EH22 2NA
Dalkeith Country Park is found just off Edinburgh Road in Dalkeith. The main entrance is by the Town Gate off Edinburgh Road/Dalkeith High Street. If you are using Sat Nav, the park postcode is EH22 2NA.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration is now available.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £10 for adults, free for 12-16s year olds and under 12's.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Toilets: there are public toilet facilities within the Restoration Yard Café and shops close to the public car park.
Accessibility: the green waymarked Estate Walk and red Lugtonhaugh Walk have paths suitable for bikes, buggies and wheelchairs. These are the routes we'll be using at the Memory Walks.
Car Park: there's free parking within Dalkeith Country Park on a first come, first served basis.
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up! The Restoration Café will be open prior, during and after our event.
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org