Lanarkshire Memory Walk
Walk start time: 12noon
Alona Hotel, Strathclyde Country Park, Hamilton Rd, Motherwell ML1 3RT
Walk Distance: 6.1km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
We would love to welcome you all back to Strathclyde Country Park to join us on our Memory Walk 2018! Last year was our most successful yet and we want this year to be bigger and better! Round up your family & friends – tell your neighbors about it and sign up to join us on what will be our biggest and most exciting Lanarkshire Memory Walk yet!
Registration is located across the road from The Alona Hotel where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Its best to use directions to get you to The Alona Hotel / M&Ds Theme Park as registration will be just across the road from here. You can also head to the Foreshore Care Park.
Address: Alona Hotel, Strathclyde Country Park, Hamilton Rd, Motherwell ML1 3RT
Registration will be on the grass area directly across from The Alona Hotel / M&Ds Theme Park – our Alzheimer Scotland Gazeebo should help you spot this.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration has now closed.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £15 for adults, £5 for 12-16s year olds and under 12's can attend for free.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Toilets: are available at the Alona Hotel, M&Ds Theme Park & Water Sports Centre.
Car Park: There is free car parking available at the Foreshore Car Park and also behind the Alona Hotel.
Refreshments:We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up! There are catering facilities in the venues nearby
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on email@example.com