Inverclyde Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm
Funworld, Fort Matilda Industrial Estate, Eldon St, Greenock PA16 7QB
Walk Distances: 5km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Join us for a gentle 5k stroll along the Firth of Clyde which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. With beautiful views across to Dunoon and Argyll and Bute - you might even be lucky enough to spot the local seals and porpoises.
Registration is located at Fun World where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to the Fun World.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Registration address: Funworld, Fort Matilda Industrial Estate, Eldon St, Greenock PA16 7QB
Car - If coming from the North or Glasgow you would follow M8 and then A8 for Greenock.
Once at Greenock Town Centre, follow signs for the Esplanade.
Battery Park and Funworld are located at the South end of Greenock Esplanade.
From the South, follow A78 into Greenock town centre and then looks for signs for the Esplanade and then as above.
Train – Nearest Station is Fort Matilda which is about a 5 mins walk
Bus – 906 bus service will bring you to Eldon Street where Funworld is located
For driving directions, please click here
Online registration is now open! Sign up today and make your mark!
Registration: will be at Funworld
Parking: is at Battery Park (just about 50 metres walk from Funworld entrance)
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Accessibility: The walk will be a straightforward out and back along the esplanade which is accessible to wheelchairs and buggies.
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up!
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org