Highlands & Moray Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm
Whin Park, Bught Road, Inverness, IV3 5TH
Walk Distances: 5.5km & 11km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Come along and join in our annual Memory Walk along the picturesque and beautiful Caledonian Canal.
Join us for a gentle stroll along the picturesque and beautiful Caledonian Canal. With 5 different distances there is something for all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located at Whin Park where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to the Whin Park.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Whin Park, Bught Road, Inverness, IV3 5TH
By car, or on foot: From the town centre, drive down Bridge Street, passed town house, over bridge, turn left and follow river. At cathedral junction turn left and then left again at the Highland Hospice. Follow road until you’ll see Whin Park on the left hand side.
By bus: The nearest bus station is in town centre and then follow instructions above.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration has now closed.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £15 for adults, £5 for 12-16s year olds and under 12's can attend for free.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Toilets: are available both at Whin Park and Dochgarroch
Accessibility: It is a flat walk, but uneven in places so can be difficult for wheelchairs and buggies
Car Park: There is car parking available at Whin Park
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up!
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org