Glasgow Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm-3pm
Car Park, Kelvingrove Park, Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Walk Distance: 4km
If you’d like to fundraise, your donations will help Alzheimer Scotland to make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Prices: Adult -£10, 12-16's - free, under 12's - freeRegister
**IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT **
ON THE DAY REGISTRATIONS FOR GLASGOW MEMORY WALK !!
We are delighted to announce that we can accept on the day registrations at the Glasgow Memory Walk on Sunday 1 September.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £10 for adults, free for 12-16s year olds and under 12's.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Argyle St, Glasgow G3 8AG
Transport: 8 minute walk from Kelvinhall Subway Station / No3 First Bus (either direction) will leave you outside Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
Registration will be on the grass area at the Car Park of Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum – our Alzheimer Scotland Gazeebo should help you spot this.
For driving directions please click here.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Toilets: are available within Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum
Accessibility: Both routes are buggy and wheelchair accessible
Car Park: There is car parking available at the Museum for £1.60 per hour
Refreshments:We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up! There are catering facilities within Kelvingrove Art Gallery & Museum (opens at 11am on a Sunday), as well as local nearby shops, cafes & restaurants across the road from the museum
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org