Forth Valley Memory Walk
Walk start time: 11am-1pm
SUIP Scion House Stirling University Innovation Park Stirling FK9 4NF
Walk Distances: 2.6km & 5.6km
If you’d like to fundraise, your donations will help Alzheimer Scotland to make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Prices: Adult - £15, 12-16's - free, under 12's - freeRegister
Join us for a beautiful walk around the grounds of Stirling University. Take the shorter 2.6km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful lake which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longer 5.6km walk will take you further sround the campus. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located by the Scion House in the Stirling University Innovation Park where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to Scion House.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: SUIP, Scion House, Stirling University Innovation Park, Stirling, FK9 4NF
By car: East, South or West
Take the M9 to Junction 11. Once at the junction there is a roundabout which marks the end of the M9. From here you should take the exit for Bridge of Allan, follow the road through the town itself, and after about 200 metres you will come to a roundabout, go straight through then take first exit on left and follow the road up the hill towards the Wallace Monument. The Wallace Monument should now be on your RHS and the Innovation Park on your LHS. Take the A9 to the same roundabout and follow the same route through Bridge of Allan as above.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration is open.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £10 for adults, free for 12-16s year olds and under 12's.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Toilets: are available at registration. Unfortunately there are no toilet facilities on the route.
Accessibility: The short walk follows paths around the loch and are accessible for wheelchairs. Please note parts of the path may get muddy if it rains prior to the walk
Car Park: There is free car parking available around the building.
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up! There will also be a catering van onsite at the event village.
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!