Fife Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm
Visitor Centre, Lochore Meadows Country Park, Lochgelly, Fife, KY5 8BA
Walk Distances: 5km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £15, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Join us for a gentle stroll around Lochore, following the trail and take in the local scenery. The route is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located by the Visitor Centre where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Lochore Meadows Country Park, Lochore Meadows, Lochore, Lochgelly, Fife, KY5 8BA
There are two main entrances into Lochore Meadows Country Park.
The main entrance is found on the main road leading through the village of Crosshill, situated between Lochgelly and Benarty. If you’re using Sat Nav to get you here, the postcode is KY5 8BA.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration is open.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £15 for adults, £5 for 12-16s year olds and under 12's can attend for free.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Toilets: are available at the outdoor education centre and visitor centre. Unfortunately there are no toilet facilities on the route.
Accessibility: The walk follows paths around the loch and are accessible for wheelchairs. Please note parts of the path may get muddy if it rains prior to the walk
Car Park: There is free car parking available beside the outdoor education and visitor centre
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up! There will also be a catering van onsite at the event village.
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!