East Dunbartonshire Memory Walk
Walk start time: 12noon
Visitor Centre, Mugdock Country Park, Craigallion Road, Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8EL
Walk Distances: 2km & 5km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Join us for a gentle stroll around Mugdock Country Park, following the trail into wooded area and taking in the local scenery.
Take the shorter 2km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful park which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longer 5km walk will take you further into the park and explore the woodlands. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located by the entrance to the park where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to the Visitor Centre.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Craigallion Road, Milngavie, Glasgow, G62 8EL
By car: From the town centre, head north along Buchanan Street, turn left onto Tannoch Drive, turn left to stay on Tannoch Drive, turn right onto Mugdock Road, turn right, continue onto Mugdock, continue onto Craigallian Road, turn left, turn right, turn right, turn right, destination will be on the left
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration has now closed.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £15 for adults, £5 for 12-16s year olds and under 12's can attend for free.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Parking: Free car parking available at Mugdock Country Park
Toilets: Will be available at registration
Accessibility: Mainly flat paths with slight inclines. Path uneven in places and are accessible for mobility scooters.
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up! There is a picnic area on site. Additional catering facilities also available TBC.
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org