Dumfries Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm
Band Stand, Dock Park, Dumfries, DG1 2RY
Walk Distances: 2.5k or 5k
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Join us for what promises to be an event the whole family can enjoy. Walk by yourselves, with friends and family, bring your dog too if you have one! The walk is located in the stunning setting of Dock Park and Castledykes Park.
Take the shorter 2.5km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful park which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longer 5km walk will take you further into Castledykes Park and explore the beautiful surroundings. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located by the Bandstand where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to the Bandstand.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
Online registration is now open! Sign up today and make your mark!
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Parking: is available at Dock Park Car Park (200m), alternatively the free public car park on the Whitesands (450m)
Toilets: Toilets behind the Bowls pavilion & Café located beside the children’s play park in Dock Park
Accessibility: The walk follows paths around the loch and are accessible for wheelchairs. Please note parts of the path may get muddy if it rains prior to the walk
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up!
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on email@example.com