Dumfries Memory Walk
Band Stand, Dock Park, Dumfries, DG1 2RY
Walk Distances: 5k
Our 5k walk will start and finish at the bandstand, going out along the river toward Kingholm Quay and back. If you wish to walk a shorter distance you will simply be able to turn back at any opportunity, our routes will be well marshalled along the way.
If you’d like to fundraise, your donations will help Alzheimer Scotland to make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - free, under 12's - free
Join us for what promises to be an event the whole family can enjoy. Walk by yourselves, with friends and family, bring your dog too if you have one! The walk is located in the stunning setting of Dock Park.
Registration is located by the Bandstand where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
You can register online or on the day.
On the day but will be cash only and will cost £10 for adults, free for 12-16s year olds and under 12's.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Parking: is available at Dock Park Car Park (200m), alternatively the free public car park on the Whitesands (450m)
Toilets: Toilets behind the Bowls pavilion & Café located beside the children’s play park in Dock Park
Accessibility: The walk follows paths around the riverand are accessible for wheelchairs. Please note parts of the path may get muddy if it rains prior to the walk
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up!
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on email@example.com