Borders Memory Walk
Walk start time: 11am-1pm
Harestanes Countrside Visitor Centre, Ancrum, Jedburgh TD8 6UQ
Walk Distances: 1.5km & 6.5km
If you’d like to fundraise, your donations will help Alzheimer Scotland to make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - free, under 12's - free
Please note the date of this event is TBC due to road closures in the area linked to the Tour of Britain event.Register
This year’s Borders Memory Walk is taking place in the stunning surroundings of Harestanes Countryside Visitor Centre, located on outskirts of the Scottish Border town of Jedburgh.
Take the shorter 1.5km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful grounds which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longer 6.5km walk will take you further into the park and explore the woodlands. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located by the Visitor Centre where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to the Visitor Centre.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Harestanes Countrside Visitor Centre, Ancrum, Jedburgh TD8 6UQ
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration is now available.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £10 for adults, free for 12-16s year olds and under 12's.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Parking: Free car parking available at the visitor centre
Toilets: Will be available at registration
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up!
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on email@example.com