Ayrshire Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm
Dumfries House, Cumnock, KA18 2NJ
Walk Distances: 5km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Join us for a gentle 5km stroll around the beautiful Dumfries House Estate which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs.. Enjoy the walled gardens, amazing bridges and traditional maze! Please note all routes and distances are subject to change. There will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Dumfries House, Cumnock, KA18 2NJ
By Car: Dumfries House is in East Ayrshire, south west Scotland. Access is from the A70 whether travelling westwards or eastwards. There are two entrances - one clearly marked ‘coaches only’ and the other ‘cars only’.
By Bus: The nearest bus station is in Cumnock.
The nearest bus stop is on the B7036 at the Barony Rd entrance, approximately a 1 mile walk from the house on an unmade road.
By Train: The nearest train station is in Auchinleck.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration has now closed.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £15 for adults, £5 for 12-16s year olds and under 12's can attend for free.
Dogs: Dogs are welcome but we ask you are responsible and ensure you clean up after your dog during the walk. All dogs must be kept on a lead. Dogs will not be able to come indoors to the café area but there is a large sheltered area outside too
Parking: There is a large, free car park on site.
Accessibility: The walk will follow paths around the estate that are accessible for wheelchairs and buggies. Please note there is a 1km section where there is a gradual incline.
Refreshments: We'll provide all walkers with water and snacks. Tea & coffee will be available for purchase too as well as a wonderful café which is open to the public on the estate.
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org