Arbroath Memory Walk
Walk Distances: 4km
If you’d like to fundraise, your donations will help Alzheimer Scotland to make sure nobody faces dementia alone.
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - free, under 12's - freeRegister
Join us for a family fun day out to create lovely memories for young and old alike. Take a gentle stroll around the beautiful pond which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. A gorgeous flat and scenic route for a straightforward circuit of Keptie Pond, often busy with cyclists, runners, dog walkers, and offering the chance to look for birdlife or watch canoeists or sailors on the water. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
Online registration is available.
Registration will be available on the day but will be cash only and will cost £10 for adults, free for 12-16s year olds and under 12's.
Dogs: are welcome but we ask that you are responsible and ensure that you clean up after your dog during the walk and keep your dog on a lead
Accessibility: The walk follows paths and are accessible for wheelchairs. Please note parts of the path may get muddy if it rains prior to the walk
Refreshments: We’ll provide you with water and a snack at the end of the walk but it’s a good idea to have something with you to keep your energy levels up!
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org