Aberdeen Memory Walk
Walk start time: 1pm
The Park Cafe, Hazlehead Park, Hazlehead, Aberdeen AB15 8BJ
Walk Distances: 1.3km & 3.9km
Minimum sponsorship: £50 (suggested)
Prices: Adult - £10, 12-16's - £5, under 12's - free
Join us for a gentle stroll around Aberdeen's Hazlehead Park, following the trail into wooded area and taking in the local scenery.
Take the shorter 1.3km walk for a gentle stroll around the beautiful park which is suitable for Memory Walkers of all ages including pushchairs and wheelchairs. The longer 3.9km walk will take you further into the park and explore the woodlands. Please note all routes and distances are subject to change.
Registration is located by the Park Cafe where there will be exciting activities to keep you entertained prior to the walk starting. All routes will start and finish close to the Park Cafe.
Whilst enjoying the fun activities please take the opportunity to take time and think of those you are walking for by completing your 'I'm Walking For' signs and adding a loving memory to our Memory Wall.
Why should you take part?
All funds raised at the Memory Walks will be reinvested into your local community. By fundraising for Alzheimer Scotland you will be enabling us to continue to fund:
- Our expansion of local Dementia Resource Centres and Community Groups that keep people free from isolation and connected to their community.
- Our network of local Dementia Advisors who provide vital support to people with dementia and their families throughout their time living with dementia.
- Our 24-Hour Freephone Helpline (0808 808 3000) which operates 365 days per year providing information and support to anyone concerned about or living with dementia.
- Our national and local campaigning work that ensures that the rights and voice of people with dementia and their carers are upheld and listened to at every level in our society.
- Our Research Centres and ongoing support of the Scottish Dementia Research Consortium in our quest to improve care today and ultimately find a cure for tomorrow.
How to get there
Address: Hazlehead Park, Hazlehead Avenue, Aberdeen, AB15 8BJ
Bus information: First Bus: route 11, Stagecoach: route X17, 200, 210.
For driving directions please click here.
Online registration is now open! Sign up today and make your mark!
Dogs: Dogs are welcome but we ask you are responsible and ensure you clean up after your dog during the walk. All dogs must be kept on a lead.
Parking: There is free parking within the park site.
Toilets: are located at the start and finish area of the walk.
Accessibility: The route is mainly flat with a slight incline, but tracks may become muddy in wet conditions.
Refreshments: We'll provide all walkers with water and snacks. Tea & coffee will be available for purchase too as well as a wonderful café which is open to the public on the estate.
Walk packs: will be sent out two weeks prior to the walk date. If you are registering online within two weeks of your Memory Walk all the information you need will be in your confirmation email and you can pick up your card on the day!
If you have any questions please contact us on 0131 243 1453 or email us on email@example.com