Be part of something really special and help out at your nearest Memory Walk!
Volunteering with Alzheimer Scotland is lots of fun and great way to help make sure no one faces dementia alone.
What will I do on the day?
As part of the Alzheimer Scotland team roles include:
- Helping our team set up the event area- putting up balloons, banners and bunting.
- Marshalling the walk route, making sure everyone is safe and having a great time!
- Supervising activities and entertainment, where needed.
- Handing out goodies and refreshments, if provided.
- Taking photographs to help capture the day’s festivities.
- Thanking our fundraisers for all their hard work and support.
Why volunteer at events?
- Support people affected by dementia in Scotland.
- Meet other enthusiastic and caring people in your community.
- Enhance your CV.
- Have a great family day out – the more the merrier so why not invite your friends, family and colleagues to join you on the day!
You don’t have to have any previous experience but we are looking for helpful, enthusiastic people who work well in a team and are keen to make our events a great experience for all involved.
We ask that all under 16s are accompanied by an adult. If you have any special requirements please contact your Walk Manager prior to the day to discuss a suitable role.